The Synergy Difference:
The Gold Standard: Proven Effective in Randomized, Controlled, Clinical Trials for Treatment of Spinal Stenosis and Herniated Disk.
Make the RIGHT choice. Go with the leader.
We are committed to the perfection of advanced spinal medicine and Endoscopic Spinal Stenosis Surgery. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help you recover from spinal pain and disability.
The best medical care is firmly rooted in scientific medical research, systematic evidence based reviews, and randomized controlled clinical trials; not some so-called expert’s opinion. That’s the reason we do what we do at Synergy Spine Center. But don’t just take our word for it. Read it for yourself, or refer your medical professional to the best current literature on spine care and find out why Synergy Spine Center really is “A Better Way Forward.”
- Deyo RA, Weinstein JN, Low back pain. N Engl J Med 2001; 344(5):363
- Katz JN, Harris MB, Lumbar Spinal Stenosis N Engl J Med 2008; 358:818
- Ruetten S, Komp M, Merk H, Godolias G, Full endoscopic interlaminar and transforaminal lumbar discectomy versus conventional microsurgical technique. A prospective, randomized, controlled study. Spine 2008 33(9):931
- Ruetten S, Komp M, Merk H, Godolias G. Full-endoscopic cervical posterior foraminotomy for the operation of lateral disc herniations using 5.9mm endoscopes. Spine 33:940-948, 2008
- Ruetten S, Komp M, Merk H, Godolias G, Surgical treatment for lumbar lateral recess stenosis with the full-endoscopic interlaminar approach versus conventional microsurgical technique: a prospective, randomized, controlled study. J Neurosurg Spine 2009; 10:476
- Van Kleef M, Barendse G, Kessels A, Voets H, Weber W, De Lange S, Randomized trial of radiofrequency lumbar facet denervation for chronic low back pain. Spine 1999; 24(18):1937
- Kumar K, Hunter G, Demeria D, Treatment of chronic pain by using intrathecal drug therapy compared with conventional pain therapies: a cost-effectiveness analysis. J Neurosurg 2002; 97:803
- North R, Kidd D, Shipley J, Taylor R, Spinal cord stimulation versus reoperation for failed back surgery syndrome: A cost effectiveness and cost utility analysis based on a randomized controlled trial. Neurosurgery 2007; 61:361
- Martin et.al., Expenditures and Health Status Among Adults with Back and Neck Problems. JAMA 2008, 299(6); 656-664
- Weinstein J, Tosteson T, Lurie J, et.al. Surgical vs. nonoperative treatment for lumbar disk herniation. JAMA 2006; 296:2441
- Weinstein J, Tosteson T, Lurie J, et.al. Surgical versus nonsurgical therapy for lumbar spinal stenosis. N Engl J Med 2008; 358:794
- Chou R, Huffman L Medications for acute and chronic low back pain. A review of the evidence for an American Pain Society/American College of Physicians Clinical Practice Guideline. Annals of Internal Medicine 2007, 147:505-514
- Chou R, Atlas S, Stanos S, Rosenquist R. Nonoperative interventional therapies for low back pain: a review of the evidence for an American Pain Society clinical practice guideline. Spine 34:1078-1093, 2009
- Deyo RA, Mirza SK, et.al. Trends, Major Medical Complications, and Charges Associated With Surgery for Lumbar Spinal Stenosis in Older Adults. JAMA 303:1259, 2010
- Smith L, Enzyme dissolution of the nucleus pulposus in humans. JAMA 187:137, 1964
- Javid MJ, Nordby EJ, Ford LT, Hejna WJ, Whisler WW, Burton C, Millett DK, Wiltse LL, Widell EH Boyd RJ, Newton SE, Thisted R. Safety and efficacy of chymopapain (Chymodiactin) in herniated nucleus pulposus with sciatica. Results of a randomized, double-blind study. JAMA 1983; 249(18):2489-94.
- Choy DSJ, Ascher PW, Saddekni S, Alkaitis D, Liebler W, Hughes J, Diwan S, Atlman P, Percutaneous laser disc decompression; A new therapeutic modality. Spine 1992, 17:949
- Nordby EJ, Javid MJ, Continuing experience with chemonucleolysis. Mt Sinai J Med 2000; 67:311
- McMillan MR, Patterson PA, Parker V, Percutaneous laser disc decompression for the treatment of discogenic lumbar pain and sciatica. A preliminary report with 3- month follow-up in a general pain clinic population. Photomed Laser Surg 2004; 22:434